Friday, August 30, 2013

Labor Day

Thoughts of Labor Day approaching reminds me that many labor to the end of their lives for our freedoms to pursue anything in life that we'd choose to pursue.  What a gift and one that I desire to give thanks to many, many who gave all.  I salute my dear husband, who gave much.



This time of year for me causes me to do quite a bit of reflection of where, oh where, did the summer go!  Knitted some wonderful pieces this summer and enjoyed my summer so much, even though we had a very rainy summer.

This is my Blue Heron Egyptian Cotton Purple piece that I love dearly and I probably spent more time on this project this summer than any other.

Then I spent some days painting and here are 3 of my owls!  just got into a week of painting owls and they are so cute!

Just a little play and fun......

Also for fun....I won a bid on Ebay for this beautiful fur wrap......


Then there is my beautiful patio with my tiny lake view that I have left.....


I bought a new car.....well new to me....it is a 2012 and I love my car.....

My daughter had a wonderful birthday and pictured below is, Connie with my mom.



And then last but not least, here is my current knitting project from the book "Essentially Feminine Knits".  I am knitting the sweater Coco by Lene Holme Samsoe using Isager Strik Highland Yarn pictured below.



As you can see........I have not blogged much this summer so I had to make up for lost time with all that has been happening.

I will leave you with one final thought for reflection......Setting others free means setting yourself free, because resentment is a form of attachment.  

Cheers to a wonderful summer!





1 comment:

  1. Oh Hi!! So nice to see you back on the blog front again! Thanks for your summer updates and a big Thank You to your Hubby for the many sacrifices he made for us all. Cheers to you too!

    ReplyDelete